Chris Evans On Gay Bars, Gay Marriage And His Man-Crush (Yes, He Admits To Having One)


Chris_evans Chris Evans, the hunky actor who in my opinion was the most fantastic of The Fantastic Four (how many other men could rock blue tights like he did?) and will soon be seen as a man with telekinetic powers in Push, just did a great interview with The Advocate in which he reveals himself to be a charming, gay-friendly guy. If you were simply in lust with him before, you'll be in love with him now.

Turns out his younger brother Scott is gay, and Chris spends a lot of time hanging out with him and his buddies. He has yet to go to a gay bar with the bunch, though. "They've invited me to gay bars before, and I said, 'Look, guys, I've got to draw the line there.' That's where a photo will get taken, it will run in magazines, and before you know it, I'll be living down the gay rumor for the rest of my life," he tells The Advocate.

Chrisevans Scott came out to Chris' mother and sister when he was in college, then he came out to Chris a little later. "I was so glad that he did. That's got to be a difficult transition, but I come from the most liberal household you have ever heard of. And for some reason, gay men are just drawn to my mother. She's a cool chick. I think, like, six men have come out to her. I guess they just feel so comfortable with her, and before you know it, they're coming out of the closet," Chris says, adding, "I think my mother was praying for us to be gay, so at least she got one of us."

While Chris isn't gay (he almost played gay in Milk but lost out on the role of Harvey Milk's partner to James Franco), he admits to having a man-crush. "My buddies always tell me that I have a man-crush on Brad Pitt. What can I say? The guy's great. I think he's a great fuckin' actor, and he's versatile as all hell," Chris praises. "I've never seen a movie I don't like him in. So I guess he's my man-crush."

Chris_evan_20th_cent_fox Like Brad, Chris is one of our straight allies in the battle for gay marriage. "As for gay marriage, it's mindbloggling and appalling that human beings are denied being civil rights in this country," Chris says. "But time will heal all. I have to believe that in 10 years we won't be having this conversation."

So what do you think of Chris after reading what he has to say? And while you're at it, what's your favorite movie of his?

No comments: