Greek’s Gregory Michael Plays Gay Again

Many AfterElton.com readers are familiar with Michael from his three years on steamy supernatural soap Dante’s Cove, while some, including this columnist, may even recognize him from his stint in 2003 on As The World Turns. Below we chat with the handsome actor about how he feels about his new role as Grant, Calvin’s love interest on the college comedy-drama Greek, his time on Dante’s Cove – and more!

AfterElton.com: How did you end up on the show?
Gregory Michael:
Wow, let's see, was it Thursday? Or Wednesday? My manager called me, literally an hour before the audition, and said, "Get your butt over to CBS Radford." So I came over and I met with the people from casting, had an audition. Next morning at ten o'clock, I went in and met with Michael Lange, our director, and I guess they liked me. They said, "Hey, that's it. You're our guy." So that was pretty much it.

AE: Did you read with Paul James [who plays Calvin] at all?
GM:
No. I'd never met Paul up until today. Actually, he's an awesome guy. He's a Syracuse grad, my sister went to Syracuse, and we're both East Coast guys. He's from Maryland; I'm from Philly. We hit it off pretty good. I like him a lot actually.

AE: So today was the first time you've met him?
GM:
First time, yeah. And there was that awkward moment when your co-star and you are like, "Oh God, is it going to work?" Because you know, you have to have chemistry on set, not just in a relationship, but also with your fellow actors. You're like, "Oh man, I hope it's going to be good." We hit it off right away. He's so cool. I'm really, really pleased. So far things are going so good. [laughs]

Paul James plays Calvin on Greek.

AE: You were great in your first scene, which I had the privilege of watching.
GM:
Thank you!

More...

No comments: